September 30, 2017

Black and white striped skirt

I'm so excited to share this post with you :)

Hi guys! I'm so happy to be sharing this post with you. I had always wanted a striped skirt. So when Zaful's package came on Monday morning, I knew it was going to be A-okay.

Here's who must wear/own a striped skirt-

1) You love stripes, duh?- I love stripes and my wardrobe doesn't do justice to show that. But, in all fairness; I do tend to pick something which I don't have already. Youtuber Ingrid Nilsen loves stripes and that's when I noticed how much variety there is in a simple black and white tee! Thank You(tuber)

2) You follow 3-shade is bae philosophy- One must wear a maximum of three shades in one's outfit. Have you ever heard of this fashion rule? I have always followed that; even in my color-blocking days. 
Since stripes already have two colors, you can pick the third shade from neutrals like peach and beige to deep tones like maroon or blue. I chose electric blue since the outfit was dual-tone.

3) Solid is boring- I've always loved me some hearts and polka dots on me. On 6 days, I'm mostly print and colors so I have absolutely no qualms in carrying disturbingly concentrated prints or colors. It should look good on me and excite the devil out of me.

4) Body pop- If you feel you're not full from behind or bottom down then horizontal stripes must be worshiped to, every day! On a serious note, vertical stripes make you look taller, horizontal; broader. Logic.

5) Feel like dressin' up- On one of those days when you have practically repeated your closet thrice in a month (weird), striped skirt is one for you. The ratio of people wearing a striped shirt to skirt is as far as Jorah is from Daenerys! 
No kidding. A striped skirt can definitely turn some heads (experienced today at the mall).

Speaking of, did you know women's necks are more flexible than men's? Apparently, if you call a woman from behind, she would turn her neck whereas a man would have to turn his whole body.
Ah! The keeping an eye everywhere. 

But, hey; don't let me decide that for you. You are a better judge of what looks or makes you feel good.

I wore a white chiffon blouse with this polyester black & white striped skirt. This bubble-like appearance made me want to twirl all day. Check out my instagram stories for the dance.

I'm wearing these peep-toe black pumps after so long that I almost couldn't walk in them. Any tips on walking like a pro in these needles? They almost make me want to give up on them and their sisters.
Please help :( I don't want to be a fashion blogger who is forever in bellies or flats. (although, swear by them).






 

 








 


WEARING
Striped skirt: Zaful, blouse & envelope clutch: Oasap, peep-toe pumps: Milanoo, Cuff: Forever21

How would you wear your black and white striped skirt? Leave your comments below.

Also, would love to see how you had paired yours in one of your posts maybe? Leave down a link below and I would love to drop by :)

xoxo
Akanksha

20 comments :

  1. So interesting post dear! Lovely combination!
    U look amazing!

    Visit my blog, Maleficent

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as jorah from dranerys 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing style dear! You look beautiful!
    Have a great day! xoxo
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great outfit! You look lovely. :)

    http://starshinebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! That skirt is just so chic and femenine. I am your new follower :)
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this looks is so beautiful! I just love you styled it too! I don't have this exact skirt, but I have a shorter one I styled in a similar manner. I also pair it with a mustard cardigan sometimes. :)

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful skirt, you look lovely!
    That's quite interesting that a woman's neck is more flexible than a man's, lol. Never knew that!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful <3
    Bisous from Peru

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your style dear!
    Would you like to support each other?
    let me know at my blog in a post :)
    Thank you <3

    www.trendsandfashionblog.pt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this combination, it's really great!
    www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting post and amazing photos!

    Have a lovely day!
    Tsukiakari from murasakiiroanu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit, skirt is amazing :-)
    Thank you for your comment on my blog !
    I follow you now via GFC and Google+, hope you can follow me back ! xoxo

    VISIT MY BLOG PEOPLE :
    https://katycolorfulfreak.blogspot.com/2017/10/monday-bad-vibes-go-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, dear Akanksha, this outfit looks really nice!
    Hugs, Traude
    http://rostrose.blogspot.co.at/2017/10/anl-22-ubers-sinnvolle-und-nachhaltige.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I really appreciate it, Akanksha :)
Let me know if you follow me on any of the pages or my blog. I'd love to follow you back there too :)
FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ BLOGLOVIN